Licorice has had a long and honorable history in the service of mankind. The ancient Egyptians used it as a pharmaceutical, and copious supplies were found in King Tut's tomb. Egyptian hieroglyphics record the use of licorice as a popular beverage among the men of the time. Fast forward to the 21st century, and the same unique Licorice flavor is now available in a sugar free pastille, in a handy click shut box, so mankind can continue to enjoy in a highly convenient, guilt free way. LICORETTE® Pastilles, smooth & refreshing.
- No Added Sugar
- Low in Fat
- High Fiber
- Tooth Friendly Tested
Licorice Health Benefits
- Stomach Ulcer - licorice stimulates the body's defenses to prevent the formation of ulcers, it is more effective than antacids. According to studies there is a 91% success in the treatment of stomach ulcer by using licorice. Licorice will act as a lining in the stomach to help protect it.
- Weight Control - helps in weight control treatments since licorice helps to maintain stomach acid levels.
- Respiratory Illnesses - Licorice root is a popular ingredient in many teas, tonics and lozenges used to treat colds, coughs, congestion and sore throats. Licorice acts as a demulcent to soothe raw or inflamed tissue. It is also an expectorant and helps clear excess mucus from your respiratory system.
- Anti-inflammatory - licorice acts on the tissue much the same way as cortisone but without the negative side effects.
- Immunity - Licorice boosts your immune system, helping you battle viruses and infections. Some natural practitioners use licorice to treat cold sores and canker sores or to fight off the herpes simplex virus. Scientists are currently (as of 2010) investigating to see if licorice can be used to treat HIV, and early studies indicate that it may slow the advance of HIV into AIDS.
- Adrenal Support - Your adrenal system is responsible for fighting stress in your body, and licorice has historically been used to improve the functioning of the adrenal system and increase the availability of cortisol. Many people use licorice to treat chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.
Ingredients: Vegetable gum (Gum Acacia), sweetener (420, 965), licorice extract (1.4%), essential oil, flavour, sweetener (951,950).
Size: 0.9 oz. per box / 12 boxes per case